Labels

Thursday 6 November 2014

Kissing is very much mechanical on screen: Parineeti Chopra


She is one of the best among the young talent, but Parineeti Chopra's last film "Daawat-e-Ishq" couldn't stand the test of time. In hindsight she feels it may have worked with a different cast.
The gastronomic romantic comedy saw Parineeti romancing Aditya Roy Kapoor. They got ample support from Anupam Kher.
When asked what went wrong with "Daawat-e-Ishq", she said: "Even I analysed why it didn't work. According to me, what I think is since Aditya and I are very young, probably the audience wanted a much younger film with the two of us together."
"'Daawat-e-Ishq' would have worked if the casting would have been different. Because Aditya and me were together, people were expecting a much younger and energetic film.


"We didn't match the film, but yes, it was a learning experience for me. Such films teach you a lot," she added.
Interestingly, the film was helmed by Habib Faizal, known for wielding the megaphone for two most appreciated dramas from two different genres -- "Ishaqzaade" and "Do Dooni Chaar". But he couldn't get lucky a third time.
Post the "Daawat-e-Ishq" fiasco, Parineeti is looking forward to "Kill Dil" and says she does not have any limitations as an actress.
"I have no limitations because I think more than a heroine it's the actress in me that doesn't really stop me..." she said.
Talking about lip locking on the big screen, she said: "I think doing a kissing scene on the screen is very mechanical.
"It looks nice to watch it with the background music and all, but when you do it on the set, it's different. One person is shouting on the mike saying look left look right. Here you have to face cameras and do it, it's very mechanical to do."
Directed by Shaad Ali, "Kill Dil" will see an eclectic combo of yesteryears funny man Govinda and current heartthrob Ranveer Singh. Ali Zafar too features in the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment